**ALERT FOR 04/07/2022**
The Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley is currently experiencing flooding. Please follow the SES Facebook page or SES website for the most up-to-date evacuation orders and information.
If you are in a life threatening situation, call triple zero (000) immediately. If you need assistance from the NSW SES, call 132 500.
Please be safe and never drive, ride or walk through floodwater.
- NSW SES preparation resources including an easy-to-read fact sheet
- NSW SES resources in your language and for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Your local ABC radio station
- NSW SES Facebook Page or your local SES unit such as NSW SES Hawkesbury Unit
- Bureau of Meteorology current NSW weather and flood warnings
- Live Traffic NSW for road closures
- Current NSW evacuation centres
Key recovery resources that may be helpful
A flood recovery letter was sent to Link Wentworth residents following the March/April floods. The contents of the letter is outlined below and has been updated where required.
SES NSW also has a list of what to do after a storm or flood on their website.
- Services Australia payments
Services Australia has set up a web page for natural disaster support with information on how to access disaster payments. You can access lump sum disaster payments of $1,000 per adult and $400 for each child younger than 16 if you live in one of the eligible LGAs, and you were seriously injured, you’re the immediate family member of an Australian citizen or resident who died or is missing, or the flood caused major damage to your home, vehicle, caravan, or water tank.
- Service NSW
People in flood-affected areas can contact Service NSW to log NSW SES clean-up requests and seek essential items. Call 13 77 88 or complete this online form. If you are isolated and require assistance with resupply, you can also call the NSW SES directly on 132 500.
- Local food and essentials
The below organisations serve parts of Sydney that were impacted by floods and storms and can be accessed by anyone.
- Salvation Army Chatswood – (02) 9412 4520.
- One Meal Northern Beaches – 0409 302 717 – Free meal services weekly on a Sunday, 5 – 6:00 pm at Gilbert Park, West Promenade, Manly. Weekly on Thursdays 3:30 – 5:30 pm at Beverley Job Park, 65 McIntosh Rd, Narraweena.
- Hawkesbury Helping Hands – (02) 4577 707 – Free meal service 6 – 7:30 pm. Unit E 28 Walker Street, South Windsor.
- Mama Lana’s Community Foundation – 0407 909 447 – Take away meals Mon – Sat, 7 – 8:30 pm. 56 Woodriff St, Penrith.
- Dom’s Place – (02) 9481 2600 – Inclusive space to get a meal, access activities such as cooking classes, connect with volunteer and employment pathways, or just drop in for a chat. Open 9.00 am – 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday. 9 Leonard Street, Hornsby.
For other organisations near you, please contact your local council or visit their website. You can also access AskIzzy and Givit where you put in your location and receive a list of nearby services.
We understand this may be a stressful time. If you need to, please contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or the Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511.
- Local councils
If you live in a flood-affected area, such as The Hawkesbury or Penrith your local council will have up-to-date information about local recovery centres, clean up services, and how to access support through other services. Call your local council or visit their Facebook page or website.
If you are able to donate, GIVIT has a dedicated flood and storm donation page where you can donate money, items, your time, and services where it is needed. Councils and agencies ask that unrequested donations are not delivered to evacuation centres.
Information for Link Wentworth residents and clients
We are always here to help and can provide additional support to residents.
Residents who have questions or need support can talk to their Tenancy Manager during business hours. Our staff members will be more than happy to help. Call 9412 5111 (Chatswood Hub) or 4777 8000 (Penrith Hub) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage residents to report any flood or storm damage, along with any other repairs. For urgent repairs, such as all water leaks, you should call your local office as soon as possible. If calling outside of our normal business hours, follow the prompts to select option “1” and speak to our after-hours team.
Please note, our contractors can’t conduct repairs during weather events. NSW SES can assist during the event before the repair takes place. Call the NSW SES on 132 500 to request urgent assistance during the event.
Our Community Services Team operates in Penrith and the Hawkesbury and may be able to help people impacted by the floods by facilitating access to Link2Home for temporary accommodation, and support through our partner services. Please call our Penrith Hub on 02 4777 8041 if you need assistance.
Northern Sydney community members can also visit or call our West Ryde office for access to temporary accommodation. Please call 02 9412 5111.
We have also been continuing our Assertive Outreach service during the floods.
Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley preparation resources
We urge our residents and community members in the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley to prepare for flooding. If you live in the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley, please view the below resources:
- SES flood preparation resources that cover Ready to Go Kits and more
- NSW SES Hawkesbury Unit Facebook page for local updates
- Hawkesbury City Council and Penrith City Council Facebook pages
- Hawkesbury City Council Disaster and Emergency Dashboard which includes a map of local road closures
- Penrith City Council Disaster and Emergency Dashboard
- Below NSW SES video covering road evacuation routes in the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley.