What is Affordable Housing?
Link Wentworth partners with private property owners, investors, property developers, local government, and other charitable organisations to offer Affordable Housing.
Affordable Housing properties are modern homes in central locations for people on low to moderate incomes. Our below market rental properties can even help you save to buy your own home.
Link Wentworth advertises Affordable Housing rental properties on Domain and RealEstate.com.au.
Who is eligible for Affordable Housing?
Affordable Housing is usually managed like a private rental property, but to live in affordable housing, you must meet all the following criteria:
- EMPLOYMENT – At least one person in the household must be working.
- INCOME – Your total household income before tax (including Commonwealth Rent Assistance) must be within the income eligibility range. Click here for income levels.
- HOUSING NEED – You must be able to show a need for affordable housing and be unable to resolve this housing need in the private market in the medium to long term without assistance.
- LOCATION – Ideally, you will already live in the local area or have established links to the area.
- ASSETS – You shouldn’t have assets or property that could reasonably be expected to solve your housing situation.
- AUSTRALIAN RESIDENCY – citizenship or permanent residency of Australia and live in NSW.
- GOOD RENTAL HISTORY – You must be able to show that you can maintain a successful tenancy.
How much rent will I pay?
In accordance with the NSW Ministerial Housing Guidelines, the amount of rent you pay will depend on which program your property has been provided through.
Affordable housing rental is assessed in two ways,
– 30% of gross household income.
– 20-25% below market rental.
Link Wentworth assesses each applicant’s individual circumstances according to the NSW Ministerial Affordable Housing Guidelines.
How can I apply?
To apply for an Affordable Housing property with Link Wentworth, you must first meet all the eligibility requirements listed above.
You will then need to complete and submit our Affordable Housing Application Form.
Your application will be assessed based on the information you give on this form.
Make sure you answer all questions with as much detail as possible. Please provide all evidence that is listed in the application and any extra documentation that would assist with your application. The more information you provide, the easier it is for our team to assess your application quickly.